A wonderful combination of nostalgia and humor, tears and laughter, Leaving Iowa the story of Don Browning, a middle-aged writer, who has a mission to take his father’s ashes to his childhood home, as requested. But when Don discovers Grandma’s house is now a grocery store, he begins traveling across Iowa searching for a proper resting place for his father. Don’s journey leads him to reconcile his past and present at the center of the United States. Leaving Iowa is a postcard to anyone who has ever found himself or herself driving alone on a road, revisiting fond memories of his or her youth.
Stage Play: by Time Clue and Spike Manton
Directed by Steve Martin
Asst. Director Amber Zietlow Michur
Performances: May 11 and 12 at 7:30pm at Sentry Theater.
May 13th at 2pm at Sentry Theater
Who's in the Show?
Our fabulous performers, who devote countless hours of work for rehearsal! All for the love of theater!
- Scott Price – “Don”
- Larry Iverson – “Dad”
- Lauren Priest – “Mom”
- Carrie Dreger – “Sis”
- Belinda Caldwell – “Clown”
- Michael “Mick” Wheaton – “Clown”
An important part of any show is the “behind the scenes” crew, the unsung heroes who take care of the multitude of miscellaneous tasks necessary for any successful cwACT show!
- Asst. Director/Publicity/Stage Manager/Raffle Coordinator -Amber Zietlow Michur
- Board Liason/Publicity/House Manager/Producer – Amanda Simons
- Kaylaa Becker – Publicity
- Martha Bawara – Set Design
- Ed Morrison – Set Shop
- Christopher Engebretsen – Set Art
- Mike Edgren – Props
- Gina Jimenez – Costumes
- Nathaniel Springer – Light and Sound Design
- Julie Blanchard – air and Makeup Design
- Helena Collins-Price – Director Mentor
- Ish Jimenez – Poster/Publicity
- Steve TerMaat – Jack of All Trades